SAVE THE DATE: National GEAR UP Week Sept 22-262014 | admin | May 29, 2014 at 10:07 am
During the week of September 22-26, 2014 join thousands of students, parents, teachers, partners and college access professionals from across the nation to celebrate GEAR UP and the successes of your hard work and dedication!
National GEAR UP Week is an opportunity for you to raise awareness in your community about the positive impact GEAR UP is having locally. It’s a time to engage all your stakeholders – local, state and federal elected officials, funders, partners, as well as local, state and regional media – to share your program’s accomplishments and to get them more involved with your services to students and families.
Resources for schools and GEAR UP Programs:
- Working the Media for National GEAR UP Week webinar – This webinar offers a simple 4-step process to help you with your media outreach efforts to get coverage for your National GEAR UP Week celebrations.
- Get ready for 2013 National GEAR UP Week! webinar – Watch this 30 min. webinar recording for tips and ideas on how to plan and prepare to celebrate GEAR UP Week.
- 5 Ideas for National GEAR UP Week – Looking for inspiration? Look no further! Here are five quick ideas (including real, live examples) to get you started!
- National GEAR UP Week Planning Questions – Use these questions to guide your planning efforts with your team, partners, students, parents and/or volunteers.
- Student letter to Member of Congress – Use this letter template as a guide to encourage your students to share their GEAR UP successes with their Members of Congress!